Stable and Safe
Empowering Women and Girls to feel safer and stronger together, in partnership with Stable Life- Spirit Horse and sponsored by the Canadian Women’s Foundation.
- FREE 8 week program, ages 12 & up starting in June 2021
- Transportation is provided via taxi if needed.
- Registration is now open! Please text 1-709-757-0137 or email us to have your name added to the list. We will then reach out to discuss this further and do formal registration.
What will you do during the 8 week program?
Equine Assisted Programs are one of the most effective forms of experimental therapies. Spirit Horse uses interactive activities with horses in place of traditional sessions where you “talk” and a therapist “listens”.
You might be familiar with other types of experiential therapies including: adventure and wilderness therapy, and expressive therapies that use art and music. People just like you are just choosing these services because they are able to get better results in a shorter amount of time than traditional services.
Participants will be guided through various experiences with the horses which include:
- Watching the dynamics of the horses and herd
- Identifying relationships and dynamics in the herd
- Entering the herd to catch a horse
- Trust exercises with the horses
- Learning to communicate with a horse
- Experiencing how horses can show how to live better lives
- Building symbolic obstacles to accomplish with the horse
- Individual and/or group tasks with the herd
- Symbolic painting on the horses
- Having fun with the horses
Horses have an undeniable ability to bring about change in people; they mirror a situation and show us the best and worst of ourselves. Clients will build relationships with the horses that will allow for an open path of learning to help the client make changes for their recovery. A facilitator is present during the sessions.
Don’t miss out on this wonderful opportunity.
Stable & Safe Program is an 8 week program, once a week at the stable for 3 hours, starting in June 2021.
There will be 8 topics covered:
- Believing in yourself