Violence Prevention – Avalon East (VPAE)
We are a a non-profit organization of community agencies and government departments. This network is brought together by a commitment to violence prevention and early intervention. The organization strongly believes that violence prevention is an individual and communal responsibility, and its work is dedicated to education, advocacy and change.
VPAE is 1 of 10 Violence Prevention offices throughout the province working in partnership with the Violence Prevention Initiative, Government NL.
- To increase awareness of the root causes of violence and the impact of violence on society;
- To bring about attitudinal change;
- To establish and strengthen a communication network among those organizations involved in advocacy, service, and education on issues of violence;
- To engage individuals, organizations and communities in the Avalon East Region in addressing violence;
- To gather and share information, knowledge, resources and approaches of other communities to dealing with violence, and to build on these resources to improve our response to the issues of violence;
- To identify areas for growth within our own organization and communities and to collaborate in addressing those needs;
- To advocate for changes in policy and programs as appropriate.
Members of VP-AE
Members of VP-AE may be individuals or agencies, organizations or departments who are committed to violence prevention and support the purposes of this organization.
Ready to Join?
Email ViolencePreventionAE@gmail.com for more information.