Outreach Coordinator – 2 Canada Summer Jobs Positions
Violence Prevention Avalon East in St. John’s, NL
Start date: July 5th 2021
Location: St Johns NL
Employment Status: 8 Weeks, Full-Time at 35 hours per week, a total of 280 hours each, with flexibility, some evenings/weekends required. ( Onsite is required for theses positions).
The Outreach Coordinator, is responsible for a wide range of support ranging from the coordination of information flow, stat collection, fundraising, community networking, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of outreach services and providing support to our Executive Director, as needed.
- Makes independent decisions regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling of work.
- Bi-weekly Violence Prevention online presentations.
- Ability to offers virtual workshops sessions around Violence Prevention- with ED’s support. Provides administrative support to the Executive Director and volunteers as required.
- Undertakes special project assignments as required.
- Community outreach.
Training and Experience
- Experience working or volunteering in a non-profit environment is preferred.
- Experience offering presentations an asset.
- Experience working with survivors of violence considered an asset.
- Experience with small fundraisers an asset.
- Strong aptitude to learn and use computer applications and software as required.
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a consistent professional manner and to maintain confidentiality always.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize, multi-
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member to achieve desired results, Strong work ethic, reliable and self-directed.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow directions appropriately.
- Ability to remain focused and detailed oriented.
- Ability to develop webinars and videos for online.
A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment.
Rate of pay: $12.50/ hr., paid biweekly.
Applications should include a cover letter, resume and 2 references
which are due no later than 4pm May 24th 2021.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank you all for your interest.
*Please Note: Hiring requirement: Canada Summer Jobs Under the requirements of Canada Summer Jobs, to be eligible for this position, youth must be:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Types: Full-time Temporary
Salary: $12.50 /hour
Experience: Non-profit: 1 year (Preferred)